| Random Page
Online Social Networks (OSN) are quite widespread nowadays, so I have thought of a temptative typology:
- Personal-oriented: Friendster, Orkut
- Business-oriented: LinkedIn?, Ryze, Open BC, Viaduc (in French), 6nergies (in French)
- Theme-oriented: Lingup (learn foreign languages) , Gencache (take care of your health) , iProcrastinate (dating, strange name) , Tribe (local life)
- Task-oriented: Eurekster (OSN + search engine, share your queries) , Meetup (share your interests and meet in the real world)
- Multi-purpose: .Node (and also truly multilingual), MySpace?
Some weird and funny OSN are also getting off the ground, like Teabuddy (keep track of who made the last round of tea) ...
The phenomenon gets worldwide, with sites opening in Brazil, Spain (Neurona , business-oriented), etc.
I don't have any clues about Asian OSN though, and would be interested in getting some.
has written an interesting article about the reasons why Friendster tanked and MySpace?
continues to grow like wildfire: http://www.danah.org/papers/FriendsterMySpaceEssay.html