MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
As part of the MeatballRoadmap?, here is a vision of how MB might work:
- Each page can have sister pages in different languages with different titles. Two different pages in different languages should also be allowed to share a page title (!)
- Use the MandrakeClubImplementation to keep page translations in sync. HelmutLeitner has already made Herculean efforts at translating many pages on MB.
- Allow the language to be explicitly specified in the URL, e.g. http://www.meatballwiki.org/en/MeatballWiki or http://www.meatballwiki.org/fr/MeatballWiki
- Allow the language to be explicitly specified in internal links, e.g. en:MeatballWiki and fr:MeatballWiki (or Helmut's preference, MeatballWiki~fr)
- If the language is not explicitly specified in internal links, assume the language of the page.
- If the link is only defined in another language, link to that page. (This makes it harder to define the page in that language, but in every case on MeatballWiki save the front page, it is the correct approach to take.)
- If the language is not explicitly specified in the URL, guess the best page to show (probably with a redirect) based on the Accept-Language header.