MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
"Virtual" or "online" communities are often strengthened when they have RealWorld connections to a more local, face-to-face community (or many such communities).
- Running into community members will remind them about the virtual community / wiki.
- Real world relationships can help prevent some of the more dramatic wiki conflicts and abuses, since it has more implied accountability.
- Virtual communities can benefit from the trust and positive relationships built by members offline.
There are all sorts of "non-virtual" ways that communities can be marketed.
- Word of mouth
- Flyers at events
- Getting business owners to promote the community
- "Traditional" marketing (print, radio, tv, mail). Remember community media outlets too.