MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
The AuthorizedView of a site is based solely on an AuthorizedCopy of each page. This means:
- The text of each page is the last authorized version, not necessarily incorporating more recent submissions by individual editors.
- A BrokenLink is displayed if there is no authorized copy of the linked page - even if an editor has submitted a version.
- All auto-generated content must be based on authorized versions. Category listings, for instance, must list pages that were in the category when last authorized, including ones that have since been proposed for removal by an editor, and excluding pages that have since been proposed for addition.
- If the AuthorizedView provides one, its RecentChanges listing can only display authorized versions of pages. Since RecentChanges is a tool for authorization via PeerReview, one could make a strong case that it is not required for the AuthorizedView.
- Provided the authorization mechanism is robust, an AuthorizedView prevents vandalism from deterring or disappointing newcomers, who may not know how to find an unvandalised copy of a page. If a site has an AuthorizedView, external links should route through it.
AuthorizedView can be coupled with an EasySubmission to expose a friendly, less vulnerable face to newcomers, while still allowing anyone interested to submit changes to be authorized. But, care must be taken to avoid giving the impression that the AuthorizedView is available for direct editing, or the result will confuse and upset editors. This has for example plagued WikiPedia in its experimentation with "tagged revisions".
See also: TeaTime, StableView