MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
Basically, pretending to be somebody else for nefarious purposes. Not generally used to mean simple impersonation, but rather obtaining and using, over an extended period, another person's rights, credentials, and/or means of self-identification to get something. This is done for several reasons:
1. The thief doesn't want to pay for the things obtained.
2. The things obtained are illegal, and the thief doesn't want to be associated with them.
3. The thief wants to cause harm to the victim.
4. The thief cannot obtain the necessary credentials him- or herself.
5. The thief wishes to remain anonymous.