MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
RPGnet -- The Inside Scoop on Gaming
[RPGnet] is the oldest independent roleplaying site on the Internet. Established in 1996, RPGnet has long been a regular stop for gamers interested in the latest news and discussion related to the entire field of roleplaying games. Current features include:
- Forums: RPGnet's forum community is very active, with 9,000 registered members. Approximately 2,500 posts are made a day, with 1.6 million total since the current forum system went online in January, 2002. Topics cover a wide variety of categories, including roleplaying games, miniatures, board games, computer games, classified ads, and discussions about the industry itself.
- Reviews: 15-20 new reviews are published every week. The majority cover roleplaying games and supplements, but on Wednesdays board games, card games, DVDs, movies, books, comics, and more are also featured. 6,200 total reviews have been published since RPGnet's foundation. They all remain available through a multi-faceted search system as well as features in current reviews that highlight related topics from the archives.
- Columns: 3-4 new articles are published every week on a variety of game playing & design topics. Some columns are quite long-running, such as the recently completed "Thinking Virtually", on gaming in the digital age, which ran 70 installments.
- News & Press: RPGnet uses RSS feeds to bring together news from many well-respected news sites into one place.
Besides its current set of features, RPGnet is constantly growing and evolving. In 2003 additions included: a revamped, easier-to-use layout; a completely new review system; and the inclusion of RSS news feeds. For 2004, plans include: a completely new columns system; a revised and expanded library; and more hooks and links for use by manufacturers.
- The top independent roleplaying web site (only Wizards of the Coast's site is more popular), rated #23,812 by Alexa.
- 100,000-200,000 unique visitors a month.
- 10,000,000+ page impressions a month.
- 7 years old and going strong.