New project name is OpenWiking
I really liked the wiki concept when I first saw the original WikiWiki created by WardCunningham. Then I tried out several wikis from others. There wasn't a decent one implemented in ASP though. Probably people think it's not possible or too hard to do sophisticated regular expressions in ASP. So I created OpenWiki.
The first version was hacked together in a weekend in March 2000. We used the first version for several months without a problem.
Later I encountered UseModWiki with its MeatballWiki, which is a very good implementation of a wiki in Perl, and MoinMoin, which is a very good implementation of a wiki in python. It's from these two sources that OpenWiki follows most of the concepts and features.
Later, Microsoft released VBScript v5.5, which has enhanced RegularExpression support and [MS XML v3] which has all the support you need to work with XML and XSLT. Though I've been working with XML and XSLT for over 3 years now I wanted to do more researh into separating business logic completely from presentation logic. So In April 2001 I started to build OpenWiki from scratch again.
Also I wanted a much better and more intuitive difference engine. Though it's embedded in the OpenWiki system the difference engine can be viewed as a separate piece of software. It's one class in under 300 lines of pure ASP code. Try it out by clicking on the diff link below each page.