| Random Page
Welcome to everyone visiting from WikiPedia
. We encourage you to contribute here, but before doing so, you should explore and get a feel for the way MeatballWiki
lists our main goals and values, and the MeatballBackgrounder
is a good general primer.
Here are a few differences between MeatballWiki and Wikipedia:
MeatballWiki is powered by a heavily-modified version of UseModWiki. In its early days, Wikipedia used UseModWiki, and so it heavily influenced the design of MediaWiki. You should find things quite familiar, but there are differences:
- MeatballWiki doesn't use [[double bracket linking]] (aka FreeLinks). To make a link, you simply smash words together. This is called CamelCase.
- The page histories are not permanent; they are kept for about two weeks. See KeptPages.
- We don't have logins. To let people know who you are, just type your name into the field at the bottom of the edit screen. If you find the idea of no logins troubling, check out SoftSecurity.
- There is no name-signing code. Simply type your name in CamelCase.
- There are no namespaces (like User: or Wikipedia:) or subpages.
- Anyone can delete a page, but it doesn't happen right away. See PageDeletion.
See TextFormattingRules for details on the wiki syntax, and use the SandBox to practice.
Sometimes MeatballWiki is used as a platform to air grievences about Wikipedia. We ask you not to do that. Any particular issues should be discussed at [Meta-Wikimedia] or on the appropriate [Wikipedia mailing list]. However, Wikipedia cases can and should be used here on MeatballWiki as examples of general community issues.
We hope you enjoy contributing to MeatballWiki. Have fun!