MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
New York City is the dream and ideas of the World realized.
New York City is a paradox. It symbolizes everything America stands for, yet is the least American of any American city.
- There are more people in New York City who are not native to America than any other major city.
- Though the city is symbolic of capitalism, it has the most restrictive and odious tangle of laws and ordinances of any place in the United States.
- There are more people who actually use MassTransit in New York City than anywhere else in America, land of CarCulture. On the other hand, New York City is served by three airports, none of which has transit connections to the city. Travellers must hire a cab.
Actually, you can get to JFK airport via the A train, La Guardia via using a combination of subways and busses, though it takes longer; and Newark via the PATH and shuttles. One has options here :) -- IanMariano
- It has the best restaurants of any American city, and they are cheap. It has the worst parking of any American city (except possibly Mexico City), and it is expensive.
- Despite the prevalence of TrophyBuildings in major cities worldwide, New York has the only truly remarkable skyline (well, besides Chicago).
- Most lifelong New Yorkers a fast-talking outward manner yet also harbor a refined sense of ettiquete and a deep sense of compassion