MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
A RetroWiki is the simplest possible implementation of the wiki idea. Much simpler than the first WikiWikiWeb:
- (1) any page name given in the url displays the page (maybe empty, if the page doesn't exist - this is pretty standard)
- (2) prefix the pagename with "edit=" in the command line to edit it.
- (3) do minimal or no markup interpretation.
This is little more than a technical demonstration on its own (as on MetaBaby), but it may be useful on some selected pages within a normal wiki:
- (1) to add freely designed pages
- (2) in learning and teaching HTML and CSS technologies
By the way, the example above does no markup interpretation, but it adds body, head, html and !DOCTYPE tags, if they are missing in a sensible way.