MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
A Desktop wiki-like note-pad, which is heavily inspired by UseMod.
Author : PhilJones
UPDATE : SdiDesk is now deprecated. My future work on SdiDesk-like things is ProjectThoughtStorms? (a set of plugins for the SmallestFederatedWiki). You can find out more at : http://thoughtstorms.info/view/project-thoughtstorms or by following me at http://smartdisorganized.blogspot.com. The codebase for
SdiDesk was also converted to VB.NET and can be found at http://code.google.com/p/sdidesk/ but has not, to be honest, been worked on since.
- Source code under GPL
- UseMod-style markup : links made with WikiWords and square brackets
- A very wiki way of working with a plaintext "source" and an HTML "presentation" view
- Some basic diagramming (allows you to sketch a network of ideas which are links to further pages)
- link types, (types shown in different colours)
- browser-like "back" and "forward" buttons
- full text search (bit slow at the moment)
- Can link to resources on your local machine so a good way of collecting links to a bunch of xls or doc files that are scattered around your hard-disk.
- (in progress) exporting an area of the notebook as a flat HTML (more formats planned)
(Out of date) Screenshots
But editing the pages uses WikiMarkup? like this
A network diagram