MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
Of course no online community provider dares to say "Stay poor!" to their members in its terms of service. But nevertheless, if you carefully read the smallprint you'll find words or tacit lores like:
- only for private use
- not for commercial use
- no Spam allowed
- no links to (commercial active) external sites allowed (Yes, the author remembers the time, when in some communities all kinds of external links were forbidden)
- user grants the copyright to the service provider (possibly, but not necessarily a CopyrightTrap)
- restricting the incentives to small beer values "affiliation, recognition, accomplishment" that are abundant in every online-community (from "SelfishVolunteer")
- statements like: "Usually this is paid badly but my personal feeling in doing so is good, and I know quite a number of people that share this attitude."
- .. (please complete the list)
The reason for this WikiPage, which is at the same time a tag, and a TrailMark in the FireTrail: CreatingAndSharingWealth is:
- to help peers to save time for finding an appropriate community, especially a wiki, where they can realize a CommunityWiki:WikiWayOfLife, which integrates the economic participation.
- to help community founders and community service providers to make their venture more attractive to new and highly creative users, who otherwise would be forced to work elsewhere for money.
- The problem with spam, specially WikiSpam is not that imho we want other people to StayPoor, but that we want creative and useful contributions and not parasitic BackLinks to their site. -- [fridemar]
DiiGo:(1) TrailFire: Google:StayPoor