MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
This page is here to form a ConsensusGroup about anti-spam measures within the MeatBall community, and to document measures already in place within the MeatballWiki script. Most blocked edits are logged: see all [IPs who've had edits blocked in the last 28 days].
Put your name down if you want to be an active member of MB's anti-spam committee.
- Anything matching a href="http:// in the digest is always blocked.
- Anything matching style="display: none is always blocked.
- Any post that adds a URL to a page must pass a simple HumanVerification test
- All posts must have a non-empty digest (to block certain botnets)
- All POST operations must be done from the same IP as the corresponding GET: see EditHash
The spam problem is solved, at least for now. I suggest we dissolve the consensus group and turn this page into a simple list of what anti-spam measures are in place on MeatballWiki. We can then use this as a reference for future MB scripts.
As a final act of the group, I propose we remove the two "anything matching..." rules above, as a quick scan of the blocked edits log reveals they are not being triggered anyway.
Any objections to either proposal? 3 March is the SilentAgreement deadline. -- ChrisPurcell
See also MeatballAntiSpamArchive