MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
When you (i.e. anyone) agree to take on a task from the pending queue below, move it to this list and sign your name.
Known, but unscheduled tasks. Useful for meta-tasks (e.g. set up a SVN repository) as well as community requests that have been a) accepted into the design, b) decomposed into tasks.
Community requests go here. Please limit descriptions to one or two sentences. If you need to say more, create a Pattern page in the MeatballWiki style. Requests may be deferred if they are too difficult to do in the short term or do not yet mesh with the design, and further deliberation is needed to move them forward.
1.1. To do
- Learn how the unit tests work in RubyOnRails?
- Write unit tests (concurrently)
- Refactor until we agree on separation of Model, View and Controller
- Build support for international StringTable?s
- Write more unit tests (concurrently)
- Sunir reads Programming Ruby (100 pages down).
- Understand the i18n issues with Ruby.
- Set up meatballwiki.* to point somewhere useful.
- Get remaining flatfile databases onto MySQL?
This is a work-in-progress based on ChrisPurcell's experiences installing PHP with Sablotron + JS extensions, first on his own computer, then on MB.
- Download and compile Sablotron 1.0.2, ensuring it uses JS (
- Optional: Download and compile PHP 4.3, ensuring it uses Sablotron with JS (
./configure --enable-mbstring --enable-xslt --with-xslt-sablot --with-sablot-js)
- Download and compile [the experimental Ruby interface to Sablotron] (need to add
have_library('js', 'JS_SetPrototype') to
- Pull the UseMod engine onto MySQL?, the MB/5 project, allowing the entire UseMod script to be gradually deprecated. Move to MySQL? locking. Move to UTF-8.
- Sunir buys Programming Ruby, Agile Web Programming with Rails.
- Sunir installs Ruby on Rails on usemod.com
- Chris installs the Ruby interface to Sablotron
- Create a simple read-only Wiki:SpikeSolution wiki using the existing MeatballWiki database, emitting XHTML with CSS