MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
[This idea is still under development, but comments are welcome on XmlRpcToWikiDiscussion.]
Exposes an API via XmlRpc on a wiki to allow programatic inspection, retrieval, and modification of its contents. For initial discussions, see [JSPwiki]'s progress on its [interface].
- The original idea of Wiki:InterWiki as a network of interlinked distributed WikiServers
- Conversion / synch between wikis, perhaps one personal and one public
- Provide an abstract interface for a WikiBrowser or lightweight PDA-based WikiClient
- Content harvesting by robot, for preparation in book form, summarization, etc.
- Enables more WikiAsPim, e.g. by writing some command-line tools to interact with the data in my personal wiki's pages and other software ...
- I'm thinking of using this for automatic content entry. In particular, in a script to dump source code files into a Wiki. --MossCollum
- Writing an Emacs client that would also be server agnostic. Would allow browsing and editing with TheOneTrueEditor?
- I wrote an email to wiki gateway that would have been easier using this. -- Ry4anBrase
- Implicit API of forms and textareas might be just fine. (See: EmacsWiki:WikiRemote)
- WebDav already covers much of this functionality
- TextFormattingRules vary between implementations, between installations (see TextWiki)
- There is no agreed upon WikiInterchangeFormat to render any wiki's raw content intelligible outside the originating wiki
- WikiNames vary between wikis
- Lowered cost of entry for automated wiki vandalism.
See also WebDav.
CategoryWikiTechnology CategoryUnimplementedWikiTechnology CategoryWikiStandard