| Random Page
This is the name of a community project, based on the software Midi2Kb, given in source under the same licence as the CommunityWiki
offers their pages (GeneralPublicLicence?
What is Midi2Kb:
What is it good for
- This is a program, that allows a touchsensible Midi keyboard to enhance or even replace the PC-keyboard.
- Just let me look into WardsWiki, where the author mentionned the idea years ago
- Meanwhile the author has written an undocumented prototype, detecting more benefits
- faster input than on a PC keyboard, due to very elegant Macro-Calls via AutoHotKey
- pressure and timesensitive chords (yeah, a MidiKeyboard? can be a lowcost steno-machine)
- playing it without looking at it, this is easier than on a not so homogenous PC keyboard, using alt,ctr, shift etc.
- permanent eartraining
- more training for pianists on the "right" keyboard, when writing an email or posting, then of course with Midi
- more inspiration for compositions
- depending on the Midi Keyboard Layout, it appears to be really more ergonomic
- usable to control
- graphics programs
- music composition software (in different ways, not thought of by the composition software)
- text and browser programs
- VJ-ing (animation performance)
Why is it relevant for community building:
- it bridges at least 7 communities:
- AutoHotKey, build around a free rich macro system for windows.
- KeyKit, an object-oriented C dialect for composing and performing Midi music
- WikidPad, a personal Wiki with a built in Database engine for efficient storage of pages
- MeatballWiki, a community, that helps to build communities
- CommunityWiki, that is similar to Meatball, additionally offering a free **** WikiFarm. (CommunityWiki:odd)
- the DiiGo community (with its subcommunities) using social annotations and bookmarks
- the wider Blog community
What are the involved TwinWikis: