MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
A DomainsWiki is a Wiki that generates income for all participants by increasing the value of their domains.
Each participant owns at least one domain.
Now lets enjoy the following wiki entrepreneurial game.
- ( DomainBasedRealName) Only persons with a RealName, based on an owned domain-name, are authorized to participate.
- ( Backlinks To Wiki Pages ) Participants authenticate all their wiki-contributions by backlinks from their owned domain,
- ( WikiBlogging ) Each participant has a blog, where they publish all their wiki-contributions (for savety and publicity)
- ( Useful Content) ...
- ( Friendly Constructive Contributions) ...
- ( Rich Link Context ) ...
- "domain" is here a shortcut for either domain name only or developed URL with domain name
- publishing and discussing ideas round about the domains increase value for
- generating traffic on them
- selling them or
- using them for Adsense or similar ad-based income
- [be a pioneer of the just created DomainsWiki]
- I'm not at all sure what the implications of owning (yet another) "domain" are in this context.
- If a 'domain' is equivalent to a URL, then I worry about its permanence, since I have already had to deal with the issues of removing my Content from one site's URL to anothers.
- Domain name services are available that will redirect a domain name to the current location. I find this a useful way of introducing a level of Indirection (or abstraction) that allows me to dis-associate the "brand" (domain name e.g. DataFix?) from the Content references in the same way as the IP address allows me to separate the domain name from the current site hardware.
- I must be missing something in this proposal since I do not see the benefits of adding a domain name based on my real name yet. -- HansWobbe
- Thank you Hans for asking the enabling questions, deserving separate pages to be answered. Although I am preparing a longer contribution, your direct question speeds up the process. I'll answer you hottest question first in BenefitsOfDomainBasedRealNames before going into the more subtle parts. -- FridemarPache