MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
I've just put together another (having just been scooped by SunirShah with his excellent MetaWiki) experimental InterWiki search engine. Please try it at
It currently can perform title searches across a number of different wikis.
This one is different than MetaWiki in that it executes the searches on the remote wikis in real-time ([MetaCrawler] style) as opposed to relying upon cached lists of page names.
- Imposes more load on the target wikis
- Up-to-date. You don't miss any freshly created pages.
- Could be extended to provide full page-text search capabilities.
This would make a good InterMap, similar to Sunir's
I have this entry:
I'd love any advice for linking up our not so serious Wiki
PGGWikit inspired by the HitchHikers? Guide to the Galaxy.
(It uses Usemod). http://www.galactic-guide.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl
- I'm not sure that I understand your request. Do you want PGGWikit included in the list of wikis (possibly) searched by the InterWikiSearch engine? If so: no problem (but let me know.) If not: please clarify. --JeffDairiki
Server-push seems to work on Opera (certainly v6, probably earlier)
Server-push works with IE 6 on Windows ME -- PaulMillar
search.php seems to have a problem with 3 wikis now: I've performed a search for text & formatting and got errors in PhpWiki, MoinMoin and WikiPedia. --DavidAndel
- Thanks for the report. MoinMoin seems to be blocking request from my search engine, so I have dropped it. I've fixed the others, so I think all should be working. --JeffDairiki
Nice search engine! Thanks! I'll use it. ServerPush? mozilla-1.2a ok --FlorianKonnertz
How about creating an interface between search engines to connect them one to another? This could lead to soemthing like a distributed search engine build from many small search engines. Each could deploy it's own algorithm for merging the data from other search engines and the whole system would evolve. -- ZbigniewLukasiak