MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
A WikiPrefix is a memorable shortcut to a wiki domain to make it easier to WikiWalk or WikiWeave.
we could refer to this page as Meatball:WikiPrefix from an external server that supports it.
This would be very useful for an AnnotationWiki or at least for a WikiAnnotationMediator.
- How does this idea differ from the existing InterMap facility?
Thank you for this question. Namely in this way we can bring it to a broader focus via the DiigoService.
The author uses WikiPrefix as:
- a handy abbreviation for the syntax of global wiki URL page naming like this: Wikiprefix:pagename. Compare this to: Intermap:pagename. (Intermap points to a concept, wheras WikiPrefix is a dummy for the prefixed URL string to concatenate with pagename. Forgive the author for not using here a more formal definition in BNF. )
- a term that flows better with text: "What is the prefix of your favorite wiki?" Can you give me some WikiPrefix 'es, where the wiki term xyz or [xyz] is discussed?"
- an easier to remember shortcut for Wiki Identification. (Once the author proposed, that each Wiki should have its WikiPrefix on each of its pages. What a shame, that the first and original Wiki had/has(?) different WikiPrefix es in different communities: wiki, wikiwiki, c2, WardsWiki, TheOriginalWiki? ;-) On the other hand look at the right upper position of each page of this Wiki and you can see the WikiPrefix meatball.
- a tool for WikiBranding?
- a profiling tool for helping the social annotating communities to easily associate Wikis with their special topics of interest (this helps to profile wikis and attract just those people who are in best resonance). -- FridemarPache
This page is DiigoServiced. (socially bookmarked, blogged, annotated, archived )
The author recommends to annotate it for faster input.
- Strange, but I don't notice any hiLites when viewing this page. -- HansWobbe
- I've looked at Diigo a bit, but I may not have looked closely enough to find the benefits of the service, at least not if I think of it as merely being an interesting, extended way of annotating a page. If that is its primary use, then it seems it could be almost as effective to merely link to the subject page from any wiki in which a group that is interesting in the subject page, makes comments about it.
- If I am I am missing something, I'd appreciate any hints you may provide.
- DiigoService is for a growing meta community, having automatic forward services for Furl, Blinklist, Spurl, del.iceo.us, connotea, RawSugar?, Netvous, Yahoo My Web 2.0,MagNolia?, Shadows and even to your own Bookmarksfolder, all this with one click. And they are open for userdriven extension of their service. You can annotate a Wiki page by the snapshot of another wikipage, at the same time pointing to the living annotating wikipage.
- With respect to the WikiPrefix uses you are proposing, does it make sense to start to to implement this in a "Hub and Spoke" sense by taking advantage of the local InterMap facility AlexSchroeder has built into the bliki software? One of the benefits I see in this is that anyone who wishes to create a WikiPrefix can simply do so in their own InterMap. Given the emergence of WikiCreole, I think standard WikiPrefix(s) would quickly emerge that would allow one to traverse the rim of the wheel, rather than always having to return to the central hub.
- Yes please, it would be great to support this kind of (userdriven) standardization.
Hi Hans it's great to make your acquaintance here. Your homepage is a study in itself ;-) -- fridemar
- It is nice to finally chat directly after all of the years I've been aware of you at c2.
- So we have a lot of common context to collaborate.
- Thanks for the responses.
- The same thanks go to you.
- For you information, I'm the un-named Author that you noted in the DiiGo annotation. Based on your frequent comments, I'm continuing to look at that service in an effort to formulate some opionions as to how I could make use of it.
- The service there is highly recommended, especially because the programmers are highly susceptible to user input.
- Yes, my home page here is a "study in itself" (as you so politely put it). I have been trying to clean it up a bit for quite some time, but various 'interruptions' do seem to get in the way. Currently, I am considering removing some of the material to a bliki, since I wish to respect the "one (UserName) page" quideline that exists here (as in many wikis) and also because I am continuing to experiment with the Wiki:OnceAndOnlyOnce efficiencies that can be achieved via TransClusion. -- Hans
- I appreciate the ample information (context) of your biography, you offered there, and I hope that nothing gets lost if you transfer it to your special bliki. In 'the next days' I have to clean up my much more chaotic 'homepage' as well. TransClusion is a great concept. You might remember my HtaWikiBrowser? that could become a real WikiBrowser with at least two wiki work windows for WikiWeaving. Unfortunately it is only for IE and not the Firefox. Perhaps some programmers here would like to tweak it even more, as the unnamed friendly programmer at http://www.archx.at/archX/WikiBrowser has done it. Currently I won't expand on this software, so feel free to recommend it to other programmers to push it forward. -- FridemarPache
DiiGo annotated page.