MeatballWiki | RecentChanges | Random Page | Indices | Categories
So, let's start building a WikiHistory similar to the WebLog history. No hurry, but I'll ask around for people to contribute. -- SunirShah
- year ??? CoWeb clone created, first science papers about wikis in education
- PikiPiki wiki engine (Python) created
- year ??? TWiki clone created targeting the enterprise market
- year ??? wikis start supporting RSS
- NameSpaces developed
- FermentWiki founded (April 28, 2002)
- not sure about the value of mentioning this
- because its unimportant, or a LandMine, or other?
- As far as I can tell, the only importance it may have is that it was a fork off of Meatball, but as far as I know it didn't really go anywhere.
- I'd say unimportant. It was primarily a Meatball-centered issue. FermentWiki never attracted an active community, and it doesn't seem like Joe is going to ressurrect it any time soon. -- StephenGilbert
I'm not sure what the 2004 entry "Wikipedia becomes successful" means. Became mainstream on the web, perhaps? -- StephenGilbert
In LangueFrançaise, CharlesNepote initiated CraoWiki:PetiteHistoireDeLaTerreWikiFrancophone. Some resources could be extracted and translated here in English. Awaiting your guidelines. -- ChristopheDucamp
- Christophe, that would be very helpful. -- StephenGilbert
See also [WikiIndex:WikiEngineTree]