| Random Page
born in 1961, non-programmer.
Separated. 3 children. LangueFrançaise
is my native language.
Currently living in France (Paris 18).
I would qualify as an independant researcher, wiki-explorator, fan of good wikipages explaining social dynamics in wikilandia.
I used to translate here some pages based on PageTranslation.
In the WikiNow, time is scarce to follow the vibes and the wikirythm.
Elsewhere in MeatSpace, I'm currently studying and discovering MediaWiki for personal uses (IndieWeb? explorations).
Experience in wikis
My first page on wikis was on StephanieBooth
's personal wiki to organize a FrogLog
dinner (blogger meetup in 2001).
Here on mb, my first experience has been really funky. A translation of WebLog
just created a lot of emotional reactions in the french blogosphere. Since, I think I could explain WhyWikiCreatesAddicts
Co-founder of CraoWiki
in 2003, we've initiated with ArnaudFontaine
some other public-web-based communities. (Some tests for the french army, Pages Jaunes, ... e-learning experience on a ProWiki
system - thanks to HelmutLeitner
Really learned with 3 failures in public wikis
Still believe strongly in wikis. Currently dreaming : build a cooperative via wikiway. (will give feedback soon).
We have now in France a very nice small group of wikiactivists ready to make good work to promote this low-tech social system.
I'd be happy to focus in learning how we could make people cooperate together in any wikispirit.
Still really happy in making french people, organizations and companies understand
Public-wikis, GatedCommunity, PersonalWiki, WikiNet and WikiFractality.
- learn more about online communities perspectives, the WikiWay
- learn some WikiPractices which could be applied in open-communities and GatedCommunity
- make french people visit, explore, understand, contribute and build wikis in fr
- test microsyntax with numbers in DigestedSummary and WikiBlog
Current goals in other wiki-communities : focus on LangueFrançaise
build a french LinkLanguage
and tutorials via english resources translations (really helpful to develop TheWikiWay
some affinities where I feel at ease to learn a lot with really good guys :
Real life, if you're visiting Paris
Please call me :
- July 25, 2005: A BarnStar for your ceaseless energies on the PageTranslation project. Not only is it a constant inspiration for us all, but your exhaustive efforts also allowed the recovery of IndexingScheme. Many, many thanks. -- ChrisPurcell
- Trop d'honneur Chris. I'll come back soon. Need to fuel energies in town. Thanks. - xtof
- September 4, 2006: A BarnStar for your help recovering the LangueFrançaise pages after the database crash, and bringing us closer to WikiNow. Thank you! -- SunirShah
- Je suis touché. -- ChristopheDucamp
Hi Christophe, it's great to see you back here, after such a long time. We need a bank with a transparent account option, i.e. all transactions and consolidations of such an account should be visible by all, if the transparency option is checked. Our PennyBank?.Biz needs an intermediate solution (that could converge into our ideal target solution). A SocialMoneyTransferTrackingService? would be ok too. Do you know something like that? -- FridemarPache
Hi Fridemar. I'm not aware of such solutions. As soon as FractalWiki will come back (No news of HelmutLeitner here ?), I could point you the "official list" omaintained and updated by the BarCampBank on a wiki-branch. I've heard of Wesabe as a a community site that makes managing your money easy a sort of CommunityOfGlassHouses on your transactions just to get tips but I don't think it's still a bank? JeanChristopheCapelli could help but does not seem prolific ;) You could join directly FredericBaud for more expertise. Cheers, -- ChristopheDucamp
Hello Christophe, last weekend I tried to contact Helmut too, but no answer yet. I used the mail address from the error message, it hasn't bounced yet -- MarkusLude
Hey Christophe! I was wondering if you could read [CommunityWiki:CrossCommunitiesDigest?]
My hope is that you'll read it, and perhaps help contribute, by:
- adding to the idea, saying what you think about it, or changing the idea
- perhaps putting a paragraph for some of the different communities that you belong to,
- perhaps translating English to French, and French to English,
- and perhaps distributing in the communities you know about.
The idea is to see if we can develop [InterCommunityCooperation,] by creating a sort of newsletter of semi-informal Internet communities. -- LionKimbro
Hi Lion, think now it's time to open an OpenCamp? experience.. need human resources. Feel free to join. -- xtof
thanks for reverting all those spammed pages -- MarkusLude
- Merci Markus. -- ChristopheDucamp