| Random Page
is currently responsible for several projects across several domains. By September 2006, the projects have turned into a bit of a mess on the server side. After the file system crash in August, 2006, it no longer became tenable to neglect housecleaning. This page is an attempt to straighten out the mess by documenting the situation, and thereby finding ways to iron out the structure.
Technical support are quite helpful, but the server keeps crashing because it runs out of memory. The file system crashed once. The server is also quite slow. It's quite possible we are about to outgrow this provider.
Set the DNS to point to
| ns1.wikiview.com || 188.8.131.52 |
| ns2.wikiview.com || 184.108.40.206 |
To add a new domain,
- go to http://www.usemod.com/whm
- login as root/<root password> (if that doesn't work, try usemod/<root password>)
- Go to account functions,
- Create a new account.
- Set your email address!
- ssh email@example.com
- vi /var/named/yourdomain.org.db
- Change all the IPs to match usemod.com's IP (should be 2)
- vi /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
- Change the VirtualHost? IP of domain.org to match usemod.com's IP (probably 220.127.116.11)
- Go to ~newaccount/www
- rm -rf _*
- /etc/init.d/httpd restart
- /etc/init.d/named restart
This is the root domain for the account. CliffordAdams registered it to explore his ViewPoint ideas. The website has nothing of value on it, but it is the primary DomainNameServer? for all the Meatball domains.
This is the main site for historical reasons. Over time, it has acquired a bit pile of crap as project after project has deposited itself on it. Ideally, only UseModWiki and its associated files should run on this machine.
MeatballWiki -- http://usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl
- /home/usemod/www/meatball -- the home of MeatballWiki's scripts
- /home/usemod/db/meatball -- all database stuff stored in flatfiles rather than pgsql
UseModWiki -- http://usemod.com/cgi-bin/wiki.pl
- /home/usemod/www/rsa -- CliffordAdams' winner of the 3rd Perl Obfuscated Code Contest, an implementation of RSA in 4 lines of Perl.
- Cliff's bookmarks have a data directory off /home/usemod. (Details are private.)
- /home/usemod/www/index.html -- http://usemod.com
- /home/usemod/www/robots.txt -- RobotExclusionStandard?
- /home/usemod/www/intermap.txt -- UseModWiki's published version of InterMapTxt (obsolete)
- /home/usemod/www/meatball.gif, /home/usemod/www/meatball-rss.gif, /home/usemod/www/wiki.gif -- logos
- /home/usemod/www/404.html (999.html) -- error messages
- /home/usemod/www/cgi-bin/.htaccess -- redirects /cgi-bin/….pl to appropriate directories
The catch-all server for any new projects that have yet to grow to the point where they need their own domain.
- /home/meatball/rails -- RubyOnRails? playpen
- /home/meatball/bin -- CVS utilities (only here to pull stuff from foreign hosts, as Subversion is installed)
- /home/meatball/mail -- highly spammed inbox.
Databases -- /home/meatball/db
- /home/meatball/db/design -- Design Bibliography database (temporary)
- /home/meatball/db/kmd2004 -- KMD2004 bibliography database (temporary)
- /home/meatball/db/future -- FutureOfWikis database
- /home/meatball/db/newsletter -- An old class project that is pending destruction
- /home/meatball/db/oise -- Database for the OISE project report.
The home of the DesignBibliography. Being renamed to bibwiki.com.
The future home of the InfiniteTypewriter MeatballWiki. Or if we give up rewriting the script, the home of MeatballWiki after it is extricated from usemod.com.
Obsolete in the face of usabilitycamp.org.
- /home/chicamp -- user directory
In the vein of [DemoCamp] and [CaseCamp], a semi-structured meetup for trading practice about usability.
- /home/ucamp -- user directory
A wiki to support the RDF particular to wikis.
Each domain is mapped to an account, /home/account.
The main SVN repo is rooted at /svn
- file:///svn/meatball -- The MeatballWiki repo.
- file:///svn/meatball/trunk -- an overlay of the ~/www/meatball directory.
Incomplete at the moment.
- lib-rsync 0.9.7
- Duplicity 0.4.3
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/sources/duplicity co duplicity
tar xzf duplicity-0.4.3.tar.gz
python setup.py install −−prefix=/usr/local
- GnuPG? 1.4.7
- Perl CPAN module: SOAP::Amazon::S3 + dependencies. Note that you need to install XML::MyXML? 0.052 to get it to work.
- [BitBucket 0.4a]
python setup.py install −−prefix=/usr/local
- ZendOptimizer?-2.5.0-Linux_glibc21-i386 ??
While SunirShah's site is not strictly speaking a Meatball responsibility, Sunir has cached a fair amount of data and scripts on that site that no longer work, such as MetaWiki, and a ton of files that should be moved to http://www.meatballsociety.org/MeatballWiki/*.